Restorative yoga uses props to help support the body while you are in yoga asanas. The pose I'm doing in the photo is reclined supported Baddha Konasana (also known as cobbler's pose). By using a bolster (the firm red pillow I'm lying on) and two rolled blankets the pose becomes blissfully comfy. In a restorative yoga class poses are held longer -- about 3 to 5 minutes in the classes I teach. Sometimes I hold these poses much longer at home, especially when there's a fire going in the fireplace and some soft music on.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
What is Restorative Yoga?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- Annie Pace (1)
- Ashtanga (1)
- Ashtanga Yoga Club Durham (2)
- AshtangaYogaClubDurham (1)
- david garrigues ashtanga yoga donation yoga happy people doing yoga together (3)
- david garrigues ashtanga yoga donation yoga introduction class mysore team durham (2)
- donation based yoga (4)
- donation yoga (3)
- Easter (1)
- Easter Sunday (1)
- Guruji+Om Shanti+Love+Peace (1)
- Late December and Holiday Schedule (1)
- liberation (1)
- New beginnings (1)
- New Moon Day (1)
- New Years Day Guided Primary Series (1)
- november it's complicated (1)
- Schedule 5/14 - 5/17 Up and Over Gobama (1)
- Shakti Sharinam (1)
- Thanksgiving Schedule (1)
- traverse the ocean of samsara for the holidays (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment