Oy, what a night.
I got into bed around 10, but didn't really fall asleep for the night until 3:00 a-freakin-m. I dozed for a couple of hours between 12 and 2, but then was up again from 2 to 3. Total bummer.
Knowing that just lying there for 3 or 4 hours just makes getting to sleep harder, I finished a book, ate some food, talked to Chris and Lily (couchsurfer, see yesterday's post). It wasn't super unpleasant, but I am a bit out of sorts today.
This is totally and completely unlike me. I am a champion sleeper! I did, however, drink two giant iced chais yesterday afternoon (they were delicious). Ah well, you live and learn.
What are your anti-insomnia yoga poses? Viparita Karani (Legs up the Wall) is supposed to be the queen bee, but I'd love to hear other ideas in case lightning strikes twice. But, um, I hope it doesn't: I really really love sleeping!
- Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
- Nadi Shodna Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing), 10-15 minutes
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Fold)
- Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle)
- Forward fold in Bound Angle
- Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) Note: use lots of bolsters in necessary, as with all poses
- Janu Sirsasana (Seated Head to Knee Pose). Repeat other side
- Setu Bandhasana (Gentle Bridge Pose)
- Salamba Sarvangasana (Supported Shoulderstand)
- Viparita Karani (Legs up the Wall Pose)
- Savasana

0 comments:
Post a Comment