Today I killed:
a fly when I turned on the shower head
fruit flies who drowned in the apple cider vinegar while I slept
Lately, I have been killing fruit flies, the lightning bug that flew into the windshield (briefly lighting up resplendently, before slowly dimming), mosquitoes (this even without thinking), and plants.
I go out to Dara's farm (hey, lady) and decide which trees are more valuable than others, which plants deserve the limited ground space, and pull up the others. I go to my garden and nit-pickingly remove all of the small purslane, which is entirely edible in salads, but again that ground space, and is not preferable to broccoli, cabbage, and lettuce greens.
As I wonder aloud while ripping out massive bushes of honey suckle, Chris says, "Well, it's an invasive species that isn't native to the region." Yeah, me too buddy, me too.
- Begin practice by lying on your back
- Supta Padangustasana (Reclined Big Toe Pose)
- Supta Trivikramasana (Reclined Vishnu Pose)
- Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana (Upward Facing Fold Pose)
- Repeat steps 2-4 on other side
- Taking hands under knees, rolling on back along spine
- Come to knees
- Yoga Mudrasana (Seal of Yoga Pose)
- Garbasasana (Child's Pose)
- Uttana Shishosana (Puppy Pose). Hold for 5-10 breaths
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
- Try to move, without coming down, into Dolphin Pose
- Move between steps 11 and 12
- Hold Dolphin 3-5 breaths
- Garbasana
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Pulsing in low lunge
- Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Parsvottanasana (Intense Stretch)
- Prasarita Padottanasana (Forward Fold Pose)
- Repeat steps 17-21 on other side
- Dandasana (Staff Pose)
- Janu Sirasasana (Head to Knee Pose)
- Repeat steps 17-21 on other side
- Come onto back
- Urdhva Mukha Kapotanasana (Upward Facing Pigeon). Come into this pose on your back, using your hands to hold the leg in pigeon. Gently rock the leg like a baby to open hips further
- Reclined Thread the Needle pose: one foot coming across opposite thigh, arms coming around that thigh and pulling it towards your torso
- Supta Upavishta Konasana (Reclined Wide Angle Pose)
- Repeat steps 27 and 28 with other leg
- Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
- Savasana
0 comments:
Post a Comment