The word vacation brings many things to mind: lounging on the beach, making your way through popular novels, drinking and eating copious amounts of fruit, etc. Which is why, on the 6th hour of my umpteenth hike, I thought to myself, "Is this my vacation?"
Yes, yes this is my vacation. I love hiking, and lounging on the beach feels so much more earned after a full week of treks. One hike, however, did my shins in something serious. It was a four hour monster uphill and an even more serious four hour slog back down. I have pictures of muddy shoes and whenever I find my stupid camera uploader I'll post them, but, in the meantime, you just have to take my word. Mud and sore shins galore.
Immediately afterwards, exhausted, I knew that I would be hurting in a couple of days, but I would be hurting all the more if I didn't take some time to stretch. I did, and I still hurt like nobody's business, but it could have been much, much worse.
- Begin by lying face down on your mat, feeling your breath in your back body
- Makrasana (Crocodile Pose)
- Parsva Savasana (Half Corpse Pose). Repeat other side
- Sphinx pose
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose). Lift and lower slowly, waving the torso to come gently into Cobra
- Rest again on stomach
- Urdhva Mukha Kapotanasana (Upward Facing Pigeon). Come into this pose on your back, using your hands to hold the leg in pigeon. Gently rock the leg like a baby to open hips further
- Supta Padangustasana (Reclined Big Toe Pose)
- Supta Trivikramasana (Reclined Vishnu Pose)
- Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana (Upward Facing Fold Pose)
- Repeat steps 7-10 with other leg
- Taking hands under knees, roll on spine, eventually coming to seated
- Matsyendrasana (Seated Twist). Repeat other side
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- Uttanasana (Forward Fold Pose)
- Urdhva Hastasana (Upward Hands Pose)
- Parsvottanasana (Intense Stretch). Repeat other side
- Urdhva Hastasana
- Tadasana
- Natarajasana (Dancer's Pose). Repeat other side
- Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide Legged Forward Fold). Interlock fingers behind back to get a back and shoulder stretch as well.
- Urdhva Hastasana
- Malasana (Garland Pose). Come into a deep squat to hold for 1-2 minutes
- Janu Sirsasana (Seated Head to Knee Pose). Repeat other side
- Supta Pavana Muktasana (Reclined Wind Relieving Pose). Repeat other side
- Savasana
0 comments:
Post a Comment